For one of a variety of personal reasons, you have decided, it’s the time, to sell your home in East Burnaby. If you are like most others, your goal and priority, is to sell your house, for the best possible price, in the shortest period of time, with a minimum of stress and hassle. Unfortunately, many times, homeowners become so comfortable living in their home, they neglect certain details, and regular maintenance, either due to being busy, not even thinking about it, etc.
However, when you make the decision to sell your home in East Burnaby, you have to realize, others don’t possess the same memories and love for your home, you do, and you will be marketing your home, against others, which might be comparable and competitive, and therefore, must do all you can, to make a good impression, etc. This article will briefly consider 5 ways to address, what is known, as, curb appeal, or the first impression, potential homebuyers, get, when they first see your house.
5. Use of color: Examine the shutters, areas around windows, front door, pillars, etc, and see, if a new layer of painting, as well as a hint of color, might enhance the initial curb appeal!
Considering curb appeal may be the difference between attracting quality, objective buyers, and losing real viewings! Will you commit, to taking some basic, inexpensive steps, to maximize the potential of selling your home?
East Burnaby Sell House – How to Sell Your House Profitably
Selling your house in these tough times can be hard. But there are creative ways to overcome this difficulty. If you are wondering how to sell my house, the answer will primarily depend on the house. Keep in mind that having a house to live on is a necessity. There is always a demand for your house if you know how to sell it.
There are reasons why people think that buying the house is not a good investment. The first thing you need to do is to make a truthful assessment of the house you are selling. What makes it unattractive to investors?
If you can answer the question truthfully then you are on your way to knowing how to sell the house. Perhaps, one of the reasons why buyers do not like is because it appears shabby. To make the house look livelier and more livable, why not paint it with bright colors.
Another way to make the house saleable is to throw in some free stuff along with it. For instance, you can give your television, vacuum cleaner or computer for free to the buyer. Anything that you do not necessarily need but the new buyer might require is good. The freebies will definitely make the house look more enticing to the buyers.
And lastly, the most important factor is the price of the house. If you sell your house at the right price, buyers will be very interested in it. The right price depends largely on what the house can offer such as great location, favorable features and others.
How To Sell A House And Lot
Anyone selling their property wants to get the maximum amount for the sale. Sometimes a few small improvements can dramatically increase the sale price and help to sell the property more quickly. Conversely, anything that is not maintained can bring the price down, make your property less appealing and take longer to sell.
Most people don’t want to go to the trouble of making repairs on a newly purchased home. They want it ready to move right in. Here are some tips to improve the resale value of your property.
Creating a great curb appeal will help to create a great first impression for your property. As we all know first impressions make people interested to see more.
1. Start by weeding your garden and cutting back any overgrown and removing any dead trees completely. Cut the lawns and put tan bark in the garden beds.
2. Paint boundary fences charcoal to make your plants and flowers really stand out.
3. Use a high-pressure water hose to wash down concrete paths and the driveway. Paint that can be applied to concrete paths is also an economical way to improve the appearance of your property.
4. Paint your front door and make sure the door handles are working properly and the door itself opens and closes smoothly.
In the Kitchen
The kitchen is a big focus for many home buyers, particularly people who like cooking and entertaining. If you have the money to spend and your kitchen needs updating, this is the room which you should place the most emphasis on.
5. Painting or replacing cupboard doors in an older kitchen is a great way to give your kitchen a new look without doing a full renovation.
6. If your budget allows it, replace any kitchen appliances that might be looking old. New kitchen appliances can greatly increase the value of a property. Appliances with a stainless steel finish give the house a modern look.
7. Clean your windows inside and out, including the fly screens. If windows a hard to reach, you could consider hiring a professional cleaning company that has all of the necessary equipment.
In the Living Room
8. You should only use light, neutral colors for painting your walls. Avoid wallpaper and feature type walls that may not appeal to everyone.
9. Bulky furniture and any other excess clutter should be removed from the property. Storage lockers are great for this and it is a great way start preparing for your move.
10. Carpeted areas should be steam cleaned. If the carpets are in good condition they can look almost new again. Floorboards can be cleaned and polished. If they are in bad condition, you should consider sanding them and applying a new lacquer.
11. A fireplace in homes in a cooler climate or a water feature in homes in warmer climates can create an interesting focal point in a house.
12. Remove things of a personal nature, such as family photos, children's drawings etc.
13. You can create an extra bedroom by converting a sunroom or utility room into an extra bedroom, depending on the market you are trying to attract. A 4 bedroom house will often sell for more than a 3 bedroom house. Similarly, if you are marketing your property towards couples with no kids, you could convert a smaller bedroom into an office. Your real estate agent will be able to provide advice on who best to market your property towards.
14. Make sure your closets are clean and tidy and not jam packed with stuff. Potential buyers will definitely open closets to see how much storage space you have.
15. Consider replacing blinds or curtains with new ones. They can be relatively inexpensive, but create a big impact with potential buyers.
16. Be aware of any funny smells in your bathroom, particularly the drainage pipes. Try flushing them out with a cleaning solution. Your bathroom should be spotless and free of any mould.
17. Pack away your toothbrushes and other personal items where they aren’t out on display.