For one of a variety of personal reasons, you have decided, it’s the time, to sell your home in Kessington . If you are like most others, your goal and priority, is to sell your house, for the best possible price, in the shortest period of time, with a minimum of stress and hassle. Unfortunately, many times, homeowners become so comfortable living in their home, they neglect certain details, and regular maintenance, either due to being busy, not even thinking about it, etc.
However, when you make the decision to sell your home in Kessington , you have to realize, others don’t possess the same memories and love for your home, you do, and you will be marketing your home, against others, which might be comparable and competitive, and therefore, must do all you can, to make a good impression, etc. This article will briefly consider 5 ways to address, what is known, as, curb appeal, or the first impression, potential homebuyers, get, when they first see your house.
5. Use of color: Examine the shutters, areas around windows, front door, pillars, etc, and see, if a new layer of painting, as well as a hint of color, might enhance the initial curb appeal!
Considering curb appeal may be the difference between attracting quality, objective buyers, and losing real viewings! Will you commit, to taking some basic, inexpensive steps, to maximize the potential of selling your home?
Kessington Sell House – How to Sell Your House Profitably
When it comes time to sell your home you have a lot of decisions to make, not the least of which will be when to put your home on the market. Many first-time sellers go into selling their home blindly without knowing the vital information that will help them sell their home faster and get the best price possible. One of those pieces of vital information is the best time of year to put your home on the real estate market, and it might make the difference between selling your home quickly and waiting several months to get the price you want. Before we discuss the seasons in detail, there are a couple of factors that you should get right before you even decide when to list your home, because without taking care of these issues, you could choose the best possible time of year to sell and still not have any results.
The Condition of Your Home Matters
Remember that you need to ensure your home is in the best condition possible before you list it. If you want to sell your home in three months, you should begin working on it right away. Even if you want to move out in six months, you should start immediately because you want to give buyers the impression of a home that is ready to move into. That means that maintenance and repairs that you have been putting off should be done as soon a possible so that the buyer doesn’t have to think about the work that they will have to do if they buy your home. In addition, your home needs to be stripped of your family’s identity before you start showing it to potential buyers. That means giving every single surface the white glove treatment, removing personal items and furniture that clutter up a room and possibly even bringing in different furniture to make a room look larger or to accent it better.
Pricing is Very Important Too
If you don’t price your home right, it won’t matter what time of the year you list your home because buyers aren’t going to be interested when there are many other competing homes that are priced correctly. Your real estate agent is your best source of information when it comes to pricing. They can tell you what your home is valued at, what similar homes in your area have sold for and which price range is the “sweet spot” for customers in this market. Remember that if you overprice your home at first, even if you lower the price later, buyers will wonder why the home was on the market so long without selling.
Spring & Fall Season
Spring has traditionally been touted as the best time of year to sell your home, but that is a generalization that might cost you because new market research has shown that your best time of year to sell depends very much on where your home is located. Trulia conducted a study in 2012 that May and June are both great months for peak prices, in general, but if you’re in the southern U.S. March and April are the best two months. So, while Spring is general is probably the best time to list your home, you should also include your location in deciding when to list. However, fall is also a great time to list, as prices are at their peak and you can take advantage of the seasonal theme and show off your fall colors.
Summer & Winter Season
Sales tend to be best in spring and fall, but they drop off during the summer. This could be for any number of reasons, but it is important to keep in mind that while not as many homes are sold in the summer that could be a good thing. You will have very little competition if you choose to list in the summer rather than the spring and that could mean that you sell your home more quickly than if you had listed a few months earlier.
Winter is also one of the low points in selling homes. Buyers tend not to want to house hunt during the winter but if you decide to list during the coldest season anyway you can always take advantage of holiday decorating to make your home sell faster and at a better price.
Sell House - How to Sell Your House Profitably
Anyone selling their property wants to get the maximum amount for the sale. Sometimes a few small improvements can dramatically increase the sale price and help to sell the property more quickly. Conversely, anything that is not maintained can bring the price down, make your property less appealing and take longer to sell.
Most people don’t want to go to the trouble of making repairs on a newly purchased home. They want it ready to move right in. Here are some tips to improve the resale value of your property.
Creating a great curb appeal will help to create a great first impression for your property. As we all know first impressions make people interested to see more.
1. Start by weeding your garden and cutting back any overgrown and removing any dead trees completely. Cut the lawns and put tan bark in the garden beds.
2. Paint boundary fences charcoal to make your plants and flowers really stand out.
3. Use a high-pressure water hose to wash down concrete paths and the driveway. Paint that can be applied to concrete paths is also an economical way to improve the appearance of your property.
4. Paint your front door and make sure the door handles are working properly and the door itself opens and closes smoothly.
In the Kitchen
The kitchen is a big focus for many home buyers, particularly people who like cooking and entertaining. If you have the money to spend and your kitchen needs updating, this is the room which you should place the most emphasis on.
5. Painting or replacing cupboard doors in an older kitchen is a great way to give your kitchen a new look without doing a full renovation.
6. If your budget allows it, replace any kitchen appliances that might be looking old. New kitchen appliances can greatly increase the value of a property. Appliances with a stainless steel finish give the house a modern look.
7. Clean your windows inside and out, including the fly screens. If windows a hard to reach, you could consider hiring a professional cleaning company that has all of the necessary equipment.
In the Living Room
8. You should only use light, neutral colors for painting your walls. Avoid wallpaper and feature type walls that may not appeal to everyone.
9. Bulky furniture and any other excess clutter should be removed from the property. Storage lockers are great for this and it is a great way start preparing for your move.
10. Carpeted areas should be steam cleaned. If the carpets are in good condition they can look almost new again. Floorboards can be cleaned and polished. If they are in bad condition, you should consider sanding them and applying a new lacquer.
11. A fireplace in homes in a cooler climate or a water feature in homes in warmer climates can create an interesting focal point in a house.
12. Remove things of a personal nature, such as family photos, children's drawings etc.
13. You can create an extra bedroom by converting a sunroom or utility room into an extra bedroom, depending on the market you are trying to attract. A 4 bedroom house will often sell for more than a 3 bedroom house. Similarly, if you are marketing your property towards couples with no kids, you could convert a smaller bedroom into an office. Your real estate agent will be able to provide advice on who best to market your property towards.
14. Make sure your closets are clean and tidy and not jam packed with stuff. Potential buyers will definitely open closets to see how much storage space you have.
15. Consider replacing blinds or curtains with new ones. They can be relatively inexpensive, but create a big impact with potential buyers.
16. Be aware of any funny smells in your bathroom, particularly the drainage pipes. Try flushing them out with a cleaning solution. Your bathroom should be spotless and free of any mould.
17. Pack away your toothbrushes and other personal items where they aren’t out on display.