When it comes time to sell your home in British Columbia you have a lot of decisions to make, not the least of which will be when to put your home on the market. Many first-time sellers go into selling their home blindly without knowing the vital information that will help them sell their home faster and get the best price possible. One of those pieces of vital information is the best time of year to put your home on the real estate market, and it might make the difference between selling your home quickly and waiting several months to get the price you want. Before we discuss the seasons in detail, there are a couple of factors that you should get right before you even decide when to list your home, because without taking care of these issues, you could choose the best possible time of year to sell and still not have any results.
The Condition of Your Home Matters
Remember that you need to ensure your home is in the best condition possible before you list it. If you want to sell your home in three months, you should begin working on it right away. Even if you want to move out in six months, you should start immediately because you want to give buyers the impression of a home that is ready to move into. That means that maintenance and repairs that you have been putting off should be done as soon a possible so that the buyer doesn’t have to think about the work that they will have to do if they buy your home. In addition, your home needs to be stripped of your family’s identity before you start showing it to potential buyers. That means giving every single surface the white glove treatment, removing personal items and furniture that clutter up a room and possibly even bringing in different furniture to make a room look larger or to accent it better.
Pricing is Very Important Too
If you don’t price your home right, it won’t matter what time of the year you list your home because buyers aren’t going to be interested when there are many other competing homes that are priced correctly. Your real estate agent is your best source of information when it comes to pricing. They can tell you what your home is valued at, what similar homes in your area have sold for and which price range is the “sweet spot” for customers in this market. Remember that if you overprice your home at first, even if you lower the price later, buyers will wonder why the home was on the market so long without selling.
Spring & Fall Season
Spring has traditionally been touted as the best time of year to sell your home, but that is a generalization that might cost you because new market research has shown that your best time of year to sell depends very much on where your home is located. May and June are both great months for peak prices, in general, but if you’re in British Columbia homes sell year round. So, while Spring is general is what most people think is probably the best time to list your home, you should also include your location in deciding when to list. However, fall is also a great time to list, as prices are at their peak and you can take advantage of the seasonal theme and show off your fall colors.
Selling house is a very intricate process that needs a lot of understanding in the field of real estate as well as patience. If you think buying a house is a much difficult process than selling one, you are mistaken. This is because selling a house is an equally complex process, where several factors need to be taken care of at once. Starting from fixing the interiors and exteriors to finding the right buyer who can pay the right price, everything needs to be in order and as preferred for the deal to take place.
An Investment That’s Worth It
The real estate market is one of the most lucrative markets in terms of investment, because the kind of returns that the real estate market is known to give, other investment tools can rarely match. Whether you have an investment property that you want to shell out, or want to sell off your current residence, looking for a price higher than the current market price is a common goal for most of the sellers. And, to an extent, this is legitimate as well because the price of the real estate property is going to increase with time anyways.
This gives the feeling to the sellers that their asking price should cover at least the next few years’ going rate. If the property is nicely and centrally located in a popular area, has sufficient space, is well designed, have all the basic amenities in place, is well maintained, and all the paper works are in order, asking for the higher price shouldn’t pose any problem during the selling process. In popular areas, there is always a high demand, and thus, finding the right buyer who can afford to pay a bit of a markup over the going rate should not be a problem.
Why You Should Look For Higher Price
Looking for a higher price is a common thing in the real estate market, whether it is the real estate agent or firm who is doing the selling on your behalf or is it the seller himself. To an extent, it is this practice of increasing the selling price considerably and frequently for just about every sale and every property is what has led to an overall boom in the real estate market. The reason why you should look for a higher price too is that it not only helps get you better returns on your investment but also helps sellers to pay for the ad hoc expenses during selling without having to compromise on their original asking price.
Things To Do To Bag A Higher Price
Even if your house is situated in a nice area, it is not always possible to bag a good price, because of buyers apart from considering the area, also considers many other factors. How is the house maintained? What are the problems that the house is facing currently? What are the fixes that need to be made? What fixtures need immediate attention? What would be the cost to repair and fix the problems existing in the house? Does the house needs a paint job? And, so on.
These and similar factors would be considered by the buyers, and if your house is not well maintained, then forget about asking for the higher price than your house is worth, you would face a tough time asking for the current market price as well. This is because the aim of the buyers would be to cut out the repairing and fixing costs of the house from the asking price. To ensure that you are able to bag a higher price than your home is worth without having to struggle too hard, you need to take care of several factors –
- If your house is old and it shows, do a paint job on the interior and the exterior to give it a new and fresh look. The idea is to make your house look attractive, both from the inside as well as outside to make the buyers with deep pockets fall in love with your property.
- Check for the fixes to be made in your house, whether it is your driveway that needs to be maintained, garden that needs to be mowed, washroom fixtures that need to be replaced, kitchen fixtures that need to be repaired or replaced, any electrical or water leakage that needs to be taken care of, and so on. Make sure that the house is in ready to move in shape so that the buyer does not find any fault or reason to compel you to drop the price.
- Take attractive pictures of your property and post it on the internet on real estate buying and selling sites. Good high-quality pictures would attract more buyers, and more buyers would automatically help in increasing the chances of getting the right buyer.
- Negotiate smartly and smoothly whether it is a real estate agent or the buyers. Do not sound or look like you need to sell the house urgently or you are in dire need of the money you will get by selling the house, even if that just might be the case. Desperation is an easy giveaway, and the smart buyers would easily read between the lines and try to take advantage of your financial situation to lower the asking price.
These are the few things you should keep in mind and do to get a higher price than your property is worth. It would need some research, effort, money, and time to get things in order, but it would be worth it. These few changes can drastically increase the price of the property.
Do Your Research
Before you go in to sell your property, you need to do your research about the current market price in your area. What are the prices other similar houses in your area are bagging, what the asking prices for similar properties in your area are showing online, what are the advantages that your house has over other properties that can help bag you a higher price, and so on. Researching would help you give the knowledge about the property and also help you negotiate well during interaction with the agent or the buyer.
Also, make sure that all your paperwork is in order, all financial obligations over the house are cleared, and all the dues are paid such as house tax, electricity bills, and so on. If there are any legal disputes over the property, make sure to get rid of them before you considering selling the property. You should also consult with the real estate agents and firms in case you have any doubts about the going rates, and can ask them about what can be done to get a better price.
How To Market Your Property To Attract Right Buyers
Marketing needs to be done in the right way to attract more buyers. In the otherwise case, even if your house is well maintained and in good condition, there would be lesser numbers of buyers coming up and showing interest. You need to market your property well to reach out to potential buyers who can afford to pay the price you are looking for.
Most of all, when you are looking for a higher price than what your house is worth; you need to have a lot of patience. It will take a considerable amount of time and effort, but the wait would be worth it. Sometimes finding the higher price is not a difficult task, and sometimes it can take longer. In any case, you need to stick to your price once decided to be able to get it, even if it takes a long time.
Images source: Google, copyright-free image under Creative Commons License
Premium Image source: Bigstockphoto
Summer & Winter Season
Sales tend to be best in spring and fall, but they drop off during the summer. This could be for any number of reasons, but it is important to keep in mind that while not as many homes are sold in the summer that could be a good thing. You will have very little competition if you choose to list in the summer rather than the spring and that could mean that you sell your home more quickly than if you had listed a few months earlier.
Winter is also one of the low points in selling homes. Buyers tend not to want to house hunt during the winter but if you decide to list during the coldest season anyway you can always take advantage of holiday decorating to make your home sell faster and at a better price.
What Are The Real Costs Of Selling A Home?
If you want to buy a house, office, etc and have no time to meet agents or check each property by personally visiting it, then online real estate services will serve you just the right. You can purchase property anywhere in the country by visiting the correct site and selecting the best suitable property filters for yourself.
Also, if you are a real estate agent who is tired of showing the property to the potential buyers or want to increase his reach; just upload the pictures of your property and pick the best deal.
The online real estate serves both the buyer as well as the agent. However, before beginning you must always make sure that the site is authentic.
Let us now look at the perks of dealing with Real Estate online.
Saves Times: ‘Time saving’ is the first and foremost reason for the popularity of Online Real.
- From the buyer’s point of view: A buyer has access to the website and views the property options available to him, at any point in time, at any place, while doing any work. He does not have to be physically present, to go through the property. However, after selecting the property by viewing it in the pictures online, the buyer will visit the property to finalize it. But in this case, the visit focuses on finalizing the purchase. This saves so much of time.
- From the Seller/agent’s view: Showing a property to the buyer every now and then is also a tedious job which is simplified into a few clicks with Online Real Estate. The buyer will contact the dealer as and when he is interested in a property. This saves the dealer’s time as well as transportation expenses.
The Internet has several websites for everything. Thus, providing you with multiple options to choose and compare with.
- From the Buyer’s point of view: The buyer gets to choose from many properties available online. You can simply go through the many options available, pick out the suitable ones and compare and shortlist the best one.
- From the Seller/agent’s point of view: The agent displays all it has to the online buyers. The scope of customers is wide and so the agent has many options. In certain cases, since the price is negotiable, the dealer can compare among the customers and sell the property to the customer paying a higher amount.
If you go purchasing property the traditional way, you first need to find a Property dealer, pay him a commission and coordinate with him on checking out the property. The online Real Estate has simplified this process to a great extent.
- Buyer’s point of view: the buyer needs nothing except an internet connection to access an online real estate website. He does not need to pay any access charges; however, a certain access amount might need to be paid for accessing a few more features.
- Seller/agent’s point of view: The agent needs to pay a sum of money for posting their ‘properties for sale’ on the vendor’s website. However, a few services are always provided for free.
In today’s world ‘time is money’. Nobody has spare time for even the basic things in life. We are so busy running our own races. In such times, online portals serve as a savior. They are so efficient and effective, cutting down the legwork and providing us with super awesome results that we want everything online.
Like everything else, purchasing a property is a task in itself, now simplified by Online Real Estate Services. So why would you waste your time anywhere else? Go shop Online. Few of the many reasons are stated above as to why Online Real Estate Services are gaining popularity.
- British Columbia Home Evaluation
- Cranbrook Property Values
- Nelson Sale Your Home
- Trail Go To Realtor Com
- Penticton Selling My House With A Realtor
- Salmon Arm WWW Realtor
- Vernon Go To Realtor Com
- Central Okanagan Top Realtor
- Kamloops Realtor To Sell My House
- Cariboo Realtor To Sell My House
- Quesnel Home Value Estimate
- Chilliwack Property Values
- Abbotsford Sale My House
- Langley Realtor Com
- Delta What’s My House Worth
- Ladner WWW Realtor
- New Westminster Top Realtor
- Maple Ridge What’s My House Worth
- Coquitlam Need To Sale My House
- Sunshine Coast Realtor Com
- Powell River Top Realtors
- Howe Sound WWW Realtor Com
- Prince George Whats My Condo Worth
- Peace River MLS Listings
- Cowichan What’s My Condo Worth
- Nanaimo Home Values
- Qualicum What’s My House Worth
- Alberni MLS Listings
- Courtenay What’s My Home Worth
- Campbell River My Realtor
- Mission WWW Realtor Com
- Terrace What’s My Condo Worth
- Port Moody What’s My Home Worth
- Port Coquitlam Whats My Home Worth
- Pitt Meadows Realtor To Sell My House
- Surrey Go To Realtor Com
- White Rock Selling My House With A Realtor
- Whistler Property Values
- Vancouver Sale Your Home
- Burnaby Top Realtors
- Richmond Whats My House Worth
- Sooke Realtor Com Ca
- Saanich Looking To Sell My House
- Colwood Home Value Estimate
- Langford Looking For A Realtor
- Esquimalt Selling My House With A Realtor
- View Royal My Realtor
- Highlands MLS Listings
- Metchosin Home Evaluation
- Sidney Go To Realtor Com
- Brentwood Bay Home Value Estimate
- Central Saanich Whats My Condo Worth
- North Saanich What’s My House Worth
- Oak Bay Home Values
- Victoria Whats My Home Worth