When it comes time to sell your home in British Columbia you have a lot of decisions to make, not the least of which will be when to put your home on the market. Many first-time sellers go into selling their home blindly without knowing the vital information that will help them sell their home faster and get the best price possible. One of those pieces of vital information is the best time of year to put your home on the real estate market, and it might make the difference between selling your home quickly and waiting several months to get the price you want. Before we discuss the seasons in detail, there are a couple of factors that you should get right before you even decide when to list your home, because without taking care of these issues, you could choose the best possible time of year to sell and still not have any results.
The Condition of Your Home Matters
Remember that you need to ensure your home is in the best condition possible before you list it. If you want to sell your home in three months, you should begin working on it right away. Even if you want to move out in six months, you should start immediately because you want to give buyers the impression of a home that is ready to move into. That means that maintenance and repairs that you have been putting off should be done as soon a possible so that the buyer doesn’t have to think about the work that they will have to do if they buy your home. In addition, your home needs to be stripped of your family’s identity before you start showing it to potential buyers. That means giving every single surface the white glove treatment, removing personal items and furniture that clutter up a room and possibly even bringing in different furniture to make a room look larger or to accent it better.
Pricing is Very Important Too
If you don’t price your home right, it won’t matter what time of the year you list your home because buyers aren’t going to be interested when there are many other competing homes that are priced correctly. Your real estate agent is your best source of information when it comes to pricing. They can tell you what your home is valued at, what similar homes in your area have sold for and which price range is the “sweet spot” for customers in this market. Remember that if you overprice your home at first, even if you lower the price later, buyers will wonder why the home was on the market so long without selling.
Spring & Fall Season
Spring has traditionally been touted as the best time of year to sell your home, but that is a generalization that might cost you because new market research has shown that your best time of year to sell depends very much on where your home is located. May and June are both great months for peak prices, in general, but if you’re in British Columbia homes sell year round. So, while Spring is general is what most people think is probably the best time to list your home, you should also include your location in deciding when to list. However, fall is also a great time to list, as prices are at their peak and you can take advantage of the seasonal theme and show off your fall colors.
If you want to buy a house, office, etc and have no time to meet agents or check each property by personally visiting it, then online real estate services will serve you just the right. You can purchase property anywhere in the country by visiting the correct site and selecting the best suitable property filters for yourself.
Also, if you are a real estate agent who is tired of showing the property to the potential buyers or want to increase his reach; just upload the pictures of your property and pick the best deal.
The online real estate serves both the buyer as well as the agent. However, before beginning you must always make sure that the site is authentic.
Let us now look at the perks of dealing with Real Estate online.
Saves Times: ‘Time saving’ is the first and foremost reason for the popularity of Online Real.
- From the buyer’s point of view: A buyer has access to the website and views the property options available to him, at any point in time, at any place, while doing any work. He does not have to be physically present, to go through the property. However, after selecting the property by viewing it in the pictures online, the buyer will visit the property to finalize it. But in this case, the visit focuses on finalizing the purchase. This saves so much of time.
- From the Seller/agent’s view: Showing a property to the buyer every now and then is also a tedious job which is simplified into a few clicks with Online Real Estate. The buyer will contact the dealer as and when he is interested in a property. This saves the dealer’s time as well as transportation expenses.
The Internet has several websites for everything. Thus, providing you with multiple options to choose and compare with.
- From the Buyer’s point of view: The buyer gets to choose from many properties available online. You can simply go through the many options available, pick out the suitable ones and compare and shortlist the best one.
- From the Seller/agent’s point of view: The agent displays all it has to the online buyers. The scope of customers is wide and so the agent has many options. In certain cases, since the price is negotiable, the dealer can compare among the customers and sell the property to the customer paying a higher amount.
If you go purchasing property the traditional way, you first need to find a Property dealer, pay him a commission and coordinate with him on checking out the property. The online Real Estate has simplified this process to a great extent.
- Buyer’s point of view: the buyer needs nothing except an internet connection to access an online real estate website. He does not need to pay any access charges; however, a certain access amount might need to be paid for accessing a few more features.
- Seller/agent’s point of view: The agent needs to pay a sum of money for posting their ‘properties for sale’ on the vendor’s website. However, a few services are always provided for free.
In today’s world ‘time is money’. Nobody has spare time for even the basic things in life. We are so busy running our own races. In such times, online portals serve as a savior. They are so efficient and effective, cutting down the legwork and providing us with super awesome results that we want everything online.
Like everything else, purchasing a property is a task in itself, now simplified by Online Real Estate Services. So why would you waste your time anywhere else? Go shop Online. Few of the many reasons are stated above as to why Online Real Estate Services are gaining popularity.
Summer & Winter Season
Sales tend to be best in spring and fall, but they drop off during the summer. This could be for any number of reasons, but it is important to keep in mind that while not as many homes are sold in the summer that could be a good thing. You will have very little competition if you choose to list in the summer rather than the spring and that could mean that you sell your home more quickly than if you had listed a few months earlier.
Winter is also one of the low points in selling homes. Buyers tend not to want to house hunt during the winter but if you decide to list during the coldest season anyway you can always take advantage of holiday decorating to make your home sell faster and at a better price.
5 Benefits of Choosing Real Estate Property Online
Anyone selling their property wants to get the maximum amount for the sale. Sometimes a few small improvements can dramatically increase the sale price and help to sell the property more quickly. Conversely, anything that is not maintained can bring the price down, make your property less appealing and take longer to sell.
Most people don’t want to go to the trouble of making repairs on a newly purchased home. They want it ready to move right in. Here are some tips to improve the resale value of your property.
Creating a great curb appeal will help to create a great first impression for your property. As we all know first impressions make people interested to see more.
1. Start by weeding your garden and cutting back any overgrown and removing any dead trees completely. Cut the lawns and put tan bark in the garden beds.
2. Paint boundary fences charcoal to make your plants and flowers really stand out.
3. Use a high-pressure water hose to wash down concrete paths and the driveway. Paint that can be applied to concrete paths is also an economical way to improve the appearance of your property.
4. Paint your front door and make sure the door handles are working properly and the door itself opens and closes smoothly.
In the Kitchen
The kitchen is a big focus for many home buyers, particularly people who like cooking and entertaining. If you have the money to spend and your kitchen needs updating, this is the room which you should place the most emphasis on.
5. Painting or replacing cupboard doors in an older kitchen is a great way to give your kitchen a new look without doing a full renovation.
6. If your budget allows it, replace any kitchen appliances that might be looking old. New kitchen appliances can greatly increase the value of a property. Appliances with a stainless steel finish give the house a modern look.
7. Clean your windows inside and out, including the fly screens. If windows a hard to reach, you could consider hiring a professional cleaning company that has all of the necessary equipment.
In the Living Room
8. You should only use light, neutral colors for painting your walls. Avoid wallpaper and feature type walls that may not appeal to everyone.
9. Bulky furniture and any other excess clutter should be removed from the property. Storage lockers are great for this and it is a great way start preparing for your move.
10. Carpeted areas should be steam cleaned. If the carpets are in good condition they can look almost new again. Floorboards can be cleaned and polished. If they are in bad condition, you should consider sanding them and applying a new lacquer.
11. A fireplace in homes in a cooler climate or a water feature in homes in warmer climates can create an interesting focal point in a house.
12. Remove things of a personal nature, such as family photos, children's drawings etc.
13. You can create an extra bedroom by converting a sunroom or utility room into an extra bedroom, depending on the market you are trying to attract. A 4 bedroom house will often sell for more than a 3 bedroom house. Similarly, if you are marketing your property towards couples with no kids, you could convert a smaller bedroom into an office. Your real estate agent will be able to provide advice on who best to market your property towards.
14. Make sure your closets are clean and tidy and not jam packed with stuff. Potential buyers will definitely open closets to see how much storage space you have.
15. Consider replacing blinds or curtains with new ones. They can be relatively inexpensive, but create a big impact with potential buyers.
16. Be aware of any funny smells in your bathroom, particularly the drainage pipes. Try flushing them out with a cleaning solution. Your bathroom should be spotless and free of any mould.
17. Pack away your toothbrushes and other personal items where they aren’t out on display.
- British Columbia Home Evaluation
- Cranbrook Property Values
- Nelson Sale Your Home
- Trail Go To Realtor Com
- Penticton Selling My House With A Realtor
- Salmon Arm WWW Realtor
- Vernon Go To Realtor Com
- Central Okanagan Top Realtor
- Kamloops Realtor To Sell My House
- Cariboo Realtor To Sell My House
- Quesnel Home Value Estimate
- Chilliwack Property Values
- Abbotsford Sale My House
- Langley Realtor Com
- Delta What’s My House Worth
- Ladner WWW Realtor
- New Westminster Top Realtor
- Maple Ridge What’s My House Worth
- Coquitlam Need To Sale My House
- Sunshine Coast Realtor Com
- Powell River Top Realtors
- Howe Sound WWW Realtor Com
- Prince George Whats My Condo Worth
- Peace River MLS Listings
- Cowichan What’s My Condo Worth
- Nanaimo Home Values
- Qualicum What’s My House Worth
- Alberni MLS Listings
- Courtenay What’s My Home Worth
- Campbell River My Realtor
- Mission WWW Realtor Com
- Terrace What’s My Condo Worth
- Port Moody What’s My Home Worth
- Port Coquitlam Whats My Home Worth
- Pitt Meadows Realtor To Sell My House
- Surrey Go To Realtor Com
- White Rock Selling My House With A Realtor
- Whistler Property Values
- Vancouver Sale Your Home
- Burnaby Top Realtors
- Richmond Whats My House Worth
- Sooke Realtor Com Ca
- Saanich Looking To Sell My House
- Colwood Home Value Estimate
- Langford Looking For A Realtor
- Esquimalt Selling My House With A Realtor
- View Royal My Realtor
- Highlands MLS Listings
- Metchosin Home Evaluation
- Sidney Go To Realtor Com
- Brentwood Bay Home Value Estimate
- Central Saanich Whats My Condo Worth
- North Saanich What’s My House Worth
- Oak Bay Home Values
- Victoria Whats My Home Worth