When it comes time to sell your home in British Columbia Burnaby you have a lot of decisions to make, not the least of which will be when to put your home on the market. Many first-time sellers go into selling their home blindly without knowing the vital information that will help them sell their home faster and get the best price possible. One of those pieces of vital information is the best time of year to put your home on the real estate market, and it might make the difference between selling your home quickly and waiting several months to get the price you want. Before we discuss the seasons in detail, there are a couple of factors that you should get right before you even decide when to list your home, because without taking care of these issues, you could choose the best possible time of year to sell and still not have any results.
The Condition of Your Home Matters
Remember that you need to ensure your home is in the best condition possible before you list it. If you want to sell your home in three months, you should begin working on it right away. Even if you want to move out in six months, you should start immediately because you want to give buyers the impression of a home that is ready to move into. That means that maintenance and repairs that you have been putting off should be done as soon a possible so that the buyer doesn’t have to think about the work that they will have to do if they buy your home. In addition, your home needs to be stripped of your family’s identity before you start showing it to potential buyers. That means giving every single surface the white glove treatment, removing personal items and furniture that clutter up a room and possibly even bringing in different furniture to make a room look larger or to accent it better.
Pricing is Very Important Too
If you don’t price your home right, it won’t matter what time of the year you list your home because buyers aren’t going to be interested when there are many other competing homes that are priced correctly. Your real estate agent is your best source of information when it comes to pricing. They can tell you what your home is valued at, what similar homes in your area have sold for and which price range is the “sweet spot” for customers in this market. Remember that if you overprice your home at first, even if you lower the price later, buyers will wonder why the home was on the market so long without selling.
Spring & Fall Season
Spring has traditionally been touted as the best time of year to sell your home, but that is a generalization that might cost you because new market research has shown that your best time of year to sell depends very much on where your home is located. May and June are both great months for peak prices, in general, but if you’re in British Columbia Burnaby homes sell year round. So, while Spring is general is what most people think is probably the best time to list your home, you should also include your location in deciding when to list. However, fall is also a great time to list, as prices are at their peak and you can take advantage of the seasonal theme and show off your fall colors.
Anyone selling their property wants to get the maximum amount for the sale. Sometimes a few small improvements can dramatically increase the sale price and help to sell the property more quickly. Conversely, anything that is not maintained can bring the price down, make your property less appealing and take longer to sell.
Most people don’t want to go to the trouble of making repairs on a newly purchased home. They want it ready to move right in. Here are some tips to improve the resale value of your property.
Creating a great curb appeal will help to create a great first impression for your property. As we all know first impressions make people interested to see more.
1. Start by weeding your garden and cutting back any overgrown and removing any dead trees completely. Cut the lawns and put tan bark in the garden beds.
2. Paint boundary fences charcoal to make your plants and flowers really stand out.
3. Use a high-pressure water hose to wash down concrete paths and the driveway. Paint that can be applied to concrete paths is also an economical way to improve the appearance of your property.
4. Paint your front door and make sure the door handles are working properly and the door itself opens and closes smoothly.
In the Kitchen
The kitchen is a big focus for many home buyers, particularly people who like cooking and entertaining. If you have the money to spend and your kitchen needs updating, this is the room which you should place the most emphasis on.
5. Painting or replacing cupboard doors in an older kitchen is a great way to give your kitchen a new look without doing a full renovation.
6. If your budget allows it, replace any kitchen appliances that might be looking old. New kitchen appliances can greatly increase the value of a property. Appliances with a stainless steel finish give the house a modern look.
7. Clean your windows inside and out, including the fly screens. If windows a hard to reach, you could consider hiring a professional cleaning company that has all of the necessary equipment.
In the Living Room
8. You should only use light, neutral colors for painting your walls. Avoid wallpaper and feature type walls that may not appeal to everyone.
9. Bulky furniture and any other excess clutter should be removed from the property. Storage lockers are great for this and it is a great way start preparing for your move.
10. Carpeted areas should be steam cleaned. If the carpets are in good condition they can look almost new again. Floorboards can be cleaned and polished. If they are in bad condition, you should consider sanding them and applying a new lacquer.
11. A fireplace in homes in a cooler climate or a water feature in homes in warmer climates can create an interesting focal point in a house.
12. Remove things of a personal nature, such as family photos, children's drawings etc.
13. You can create an extra bedroom by converting a sunroom or utility room into an extra bedroom, depending on the market you are trying to attract. A 4 bedroom house will often sell for more than a 3 bedroom house. Similarly, if you are marketing your property towards couples with no kids, you could convert a smaller bedroom into an office. Your real estate agent will be able to provide advice on who best to market your property towards.
14. Make sure your closets are clean and tidy and not jam packed with stuff. Potential buyers will definitely open closets to see how much storage space you have.
15. Consider replacing blinds or curtains with new ones. They can be relatively inexpensive, but create a big impact with potential buyers.
16. Be aware of any funny smells in your bathroom, particularly the drainage pipes. Try flushing them out with a cleaning solution. Your bathroom should be spotless and free of any mould.
17. Pack away your toothbrushes and other personal items where they aren’t out on display.
Summer & Winter Season
Sales tend to be best in spring and fall, but they drop off during the summer. This could be for any number of reasons, but it is important to keep in mind that while not as many homes are sold in the summer that could be a good thing. You will have very little competition if you choose to list in the summer rather than the spring and that could mean that you sell your home more quickly than if you had listed a few months earlier.
Winter is also one of the low points in selling homes. Buyers tend not to want to house hunt during the winter but if you decide to list during the coldest season anyway you can always take advantage of holiday decorating to make your home sell faster and at a better price.
Factors to Consider when Buying Furniture for your Home
No doubt choosing a real estate property is an exciting thing for us as it is their first home or office and for some or it is their valuable investment. Whatever the reason may be but people like to look out for something new. Whether it’s a new home or office, that feeling of occupying something new always excites most of us. I am sorry to break the bubble but real estate occupancy process is really long and tiresome. It is not easy to find the right home in the right area at the right price. Connecting all the dots can take long. Especially when you have some specifications in your mind. Most of all it is time consuming. You need to visit sites personally and keep all your important work aside. All these things may lead you to make some compromises and you might feel regret for your decision after some time. To avoid all these try to do an online property search, why you need to do an online search is mentioned below in the benefits.
Benefit of Saving Time:
You can save an immense amount of time by not actually visiting the place and instead going online. You clearly deduct the time of travelling and can jump from one site to other in a matter of seconds. You don’t need to deal with the traffic and weather problems too. You can do it anytime you want to regardless of other factors like your realtor or person whose site you are going to visit is free or not.
Benefit of Comparison:
It happens many times that your realtor or the person who is selling the property may lie about the pricing of the property. When you check online or post an inquiry in multiple sites, you can compare prices of different sellers for the same area and sometimes you can also have the same site uploaded by different realtors. All these gives you clear idea of pricing and also gives you the power of bargain as an online platform is more competitive as well as transparent.
Benefit of Convenience:
There are many mediums when it comes to the actual ground visit of a property. When you search online you are master of your own will. You can do all the research initially and that also at your convenience. You can use your leisure time while commuting or even late night. Now a days most the websites are providing street view, so you can easily see the surroundings and other specifications without actually visiting the place.
Benefit of Comparison:
This is one of the best feature for searching online for property. You can get two properties at different areas and different locations in the same screen. You can see the actual difference between two sites and have data which is better and why. Nowadays realtor websites take utmost care to provide actual data because of this feature. Some sites only provide comparison between different websites. Thus this is important factor to search online.
Benefit of Eliminating Mediums:
There are few platform online where you can directly meet the seller and get genuine pricing without the interruption of other mediators. Here you can even get details of the seller and you can even ask for live tour with video calling to check how the genuine the seller is.
Thus all these are the benefits of searching properties online. It is best you research and shortlist first and fix appointments online. This will save a lot of time. Thereafter before making the actual purchase you can physically visit the site.
- Burnaby BC Looking For A Realtor
- East Burnaby Sale Your Home
- Edmonds Whats My House Worth
- The Crest Sale My House
- Brentwood Park Top Realtor
- Capitol Hill Selling My House With A Realtor
- Cariboo WWW Realtor Com
- Central WWW Realtor Com
- Forest Hills Sale Your Home
- Government Road Realtor Com Ca
- Lake City Industrial Top Realtors
- Montecito Top Realtor
- Oakdale Looking For A Realtor
- Parkcrest Realtor To Sell My House
- Simon Fraser Hills Realtor Websites
- Simon Fraser University Home Value Estimate
- Sperling – Duthie Whats My Home Worth
- Sullivan Heights Whats My Condo Worth
- Vancouver Heights Go To Realtor Com
- Westridge Home Value Estimate
- Willingdon Heights My Realtor
- Big Bend Home Evaluation
- Buckingham Heights Property Values
- Burnaby Hospital My Realtor
- Burnaby Lake Looking To Sell My House
- Central Park What’s My Condo Worth
- Deer Lake Selling My House With A Realtor
- Deer Lake Place Realtor Com Ca
- Forest Glen Whats My House Worth
- Garden Village Need To Sale My House
- Greentree Village What’s My Home Worth
- Highgate What’s My Home Worth
- Metrotown WWW Realtor Com
- Middlegate Realtor To Sell My House
- Oaklands Selling My House With A Realtor
- South Slope What’s My House Worth
- Suncrest Home Value Estimate
- Upper Deer Lake WWW Realtor Com