When it comes time to sell your home in British Columbia Burnaby you have a lot of decisions to make, not the least of which will be when to put your home on the market. Many first-time sellers go into selling their home blindly without knowing the vital information that will help them sell their home faster and get the best price possible. One of those pieces of vital information is the best time of year to put your home on the real estate market, and it might make the difference between selling your home quickly and waiting several months to get the price you want. Before we discuss the seasons in detail, there are a couple of factors that you should get right before you even decide when to list your home, because without taking care of these issues, you could choose the best possible time of year to sell and still not have any results.
The Condition of Your Home Matters
Remember that you need to ensure your home is in the best condition possible before you list it. If you want to sell your home in three months, you should begin working on it right away. Even if you want to move out in six months, you should start immediately because you want to give buyers the impression of a home that is ready to move into. That means that maintenance and repairs that you have been putting off should be done as soon a possible so that the buyer doesn’t have to think about the work that they will have to do if they buy your home. In addition, your home needs to be stripped of your family’s identity before you start showing it to potential buyers. That means giving every single surface the white glove treatment, removing personal items and furniture that clutter up a room and possibly even bringing in different furniture to make a room look larger or to accent it better.
Pricing is Very Important Too
If you don’t price your home right, it won’t matter what time of the year you list your home because buyers aren’t going to be interested when there are many other competing homes that are priced correctly. Your real estate agent is your best source of information when it comes to pricing. They can tell you what your home is valued at, what similar homes in your area have sold for and which price range is the “sweet spot” for customers in this market. Remember that if you overprice your home at first, even if you lower the price later, buyers will wonder why the home was on the market so long without selling.
Spring & Fall Season
Spring has traditionally been touted as the best time of year to sell your home, but that is a generalization that might cost you because new market research has shown that your best time of year to sell depends very much on where your home is located. May and June are both great months for peak prices, in general, but if you’re in British Columbia Burnaby homes sell year round. So, while Spring is general is what most people think is probably the best time to list your home, you should also include your location in deciding when to list. However, fall is also a great time to list, as prices are at their peak and you can take advantage of the seasonal theme and show off your fall colors.
Every home seller wants to sell the house fast for the maximum price. To achieve this it is important to know which repairs are absolutely necessary and how to price it competitively to sell the house in the shortest time. By planning carefully and sprucing up the house professionally to maximize first impressions you can ensure a quick sale. You must get marketing tips on how to find qualified buyers and attract many offers to sell the house.
Best time to sell
Real estate markets generally pick up in February and the wave usually lasts till the end of June. This period is considered to be the strongest selling season. Another strong period is from early September to late November. Late November sees the market slow down due to the holiday season.
Avoid overpricing. The market situation also should be taken into account. The pricing should be in line with the prices of recently sold homes in the area as identified in the comparative market analysis report. Get purchase offers and make a counter offer and be prepared for multiple offers if you have priced the house right. After finding out what the house is worth by looking at the prices of other houses in the neighbourhood, you can price it 10% below them. This will help to sell your house in no time if it is the cheapest and newest in the market.
House should sparkle
After deciding to sell the house, make sure the house looks spic and span. Remove cobwebs, clean fan blades and wash the windows thoroughly. Side walks and exterior must be cleaned with pressure washer. Wax the floors; re-chalk the tubs and sinks and showers. The sinks and wash basins must be stain-free. Chrome faucets and mirrors should be polished. Dust all furniture and light fixtures. Clean out the refrigerator and vacuum the house daily. Fresh towels must be hung and make sure there is no smell or odour anywhere. Replace dirty and worn out rugs and curtains. Switch plates should be cleaned and sticky windows must be made to open easily. Trees should be pruned to allow natural light inside. Clean up the oily floor of garage and keep the walks, patio and derive ways clean. Mow the lawn and trim the bushes.
Summer & Winter Season
Sales tend to be best in spring and fall, but they drop off during the summer. This could be for any number of reasons, but it is important to keep in mind that while not as many homes are sold in the summer that could be a good thing. You will have very little competition if you choose to list in the summer rather than the spring and that could mean that you sell your home more quickly than if you had listed a few months earlier.
Winter is also one of the low points in selling homes. Buyers tend not to want to house hunt during the winter but if you decide to list during the coldest season anyway you can always take advantage of holiday decorating to make your home sell faster and at a better price.
Selling A House When Out of Town
If you want to buy a house, office, etc and have no time to meet agents or check each property by personally visiting it, then online real estate services will serve you just the right. You can purchase property anywhere in the country by visiting the correct site and selecting the best suitable property filters for yourself.
Also, if you are a real estate agent who is tired of showing the property to the potential buyers or want to increase his reach; just upload the pictures of your property and pick the best deal.
The online real estate serves both the buyer as well as the agent. However, before beginning you must always make sure that the site is authentic.
Let us now look at the perks of dealing with Real Estate online.
Saves Times: ‘Time saving’ is the first and foremost reason for the popularity of Online Real.
- From the buyer’s point of view: A buyer has access to the website and views the property options available to him, at any point in time, at any place, while doing any work. He does not have to be physically present, to go through the property. However, after selecting the property by viewing it in the pictures online, the buyer will visit the property to finalize it. But in this case, the visit focuses on finalizing the purchase. This saves so much of time.
- From the Seller/agent’s view: Showing a property to the buyer every now and then is also a tedious job which is simplified into a few clicks with Online Real Estate. The buyer will contact the dealer as and when he is interested in a property. This saves the dealer’s time as well as transportation expenses.
The Internet has several websites for everything. Thus, providing you with multiple options to choose and compare with.
- From the Buyer’s point of view: The buyer gets to choose from many properties available online. You can simply go through the many options available, pick out the suitable ones and compare and shortlist the best one.
- From the Seller/agent’s point of view: The agent displays all it has to the online buyers. The scope of customers is wide and so the agent has many options. In certain cases, since the price is negotiable, the dealer can compare among the customers and sell the property to the customer paying a higher amount.
If you go purchasing property the traditional way, you first need to find a Property dealer, pay him a commission and coordinate with him on checking out the property. The online Real Estate has simplified this process to a great extent.
- Buyer’s point of view: the buyer needs nothing except an internet connection to access an online real estate website. He does not need to pay any access charges; however, a certain access amount might need to be paid for accessing a few more features.
- Seller/agent’s point of view: The agent needs to pay a sum of money for posting their ‘properties for sale’ on the vendor’s website. However, a few services are always provided for free.
In today’s world ‘time is money’. Nobody has spare time for even the basic things in life. We are so busy running our own races. In such times, online portals serve as a savior. They are so efficient and effective, cutting down the legwork and providing us with super awesome results that we want everything online.
Like everything else, purchasing a property is a task in itself, now simplified by Online Real Estate Services. So why would you waste your time anywhere else? Go shop Online. Few of the many reasons are stated above as to why Online Real Estate Services are gaining popularity.
- Burnaby BC Looking For A Realtor
- East Burnaby Sale Your Home
- Edmonds Whats My House Worth
- The Crest Sale My House
- Brentwood Park Top Realtor
- Capitol Hill Selling My House With A Realtor
- Cariboo WWW Realtor Com
- Central WWW Realtor Com
- Forest Hills Sale Your Home
- Government Road Realtor Com Ca
- Lake City Industrial Top Realtors
- Montecito Top Realtor
- Oakdale Looking For A Realtor
- Parkcrest Realtor To Sell My House
- Simon Fraser Hills Realtor Websites
- Simon Fraser University Home Value Estimate
- Sperling – Duthie Whats My Home Worth
- Sullivan Heights Whats My Condo Worth
- Vancouver Heights Go To Realtor Com
- Westridge Home Value Estimate
- Willingdon Heights My Realtor
- Big Bend Home Evaluation
- Buckingham Heights Property Values
- Burnaby Hospital My Realtor
- Burnaby Lake Looking To Sell My House
- Central Park What’s My Condo Worth
- Deer Lake Selling My House With A Realtor
- Deer Lake Place Realtor Com Ca
- Forest Glen Whats My House Worth
- Garden Village Need To Sale My House
- Greentree Village What’s My Home Worth
- Highgate What’s My Home Worth
- Metrotown WWW Realtor Com
- Middlegate Realtor To Sell My House
- Oaklands Selling My House With A Realtor
- South Slope What’s My House Worth
- Suncrest Home Value Estimate
- Upper Deer Lake WWW Realtor Com